We live in a context that you have to be extra careful with the way you tread. One can be seen now, and the very next minute, tragedy hits. So here are some basic tips on how you can keep safe in our specific context:
1. Never use car stickers that says where you work, especially if you have a prestigious job.
2. Never share pictures of your kids in their school uniforms or badges. Protect your kids!
3. When you attend parties, don't let the band get you so high that you start spraying money like no man's business, use an envelope.
4. Don't be the one that tries to empty the ATM machine by making large withdrawals ...You don't need 50k in your wallet to feel important.
5. Always delete your bank transaction notifications, especially SMS...you really can memorize your bank balance....Shred ur POS/ATM receipts.
6. Don't go jogging whiles it's dark, you really should be smarter than that. If you can, get someone trusted as company then.
7. Always lock your doors, even if you're only going out to switch off your generator.
8. NEVER EVER, NEVER EVER WEAR YOUR ID or professional badge outside your work place. No one needs to know where you work
9. Be accountable to your spouse or parents, let someone know where you are at every point.
10. As much as you can, don't send kids alone on errand outside your house, they are soft targets.
11. Don't try to show you are the richest in the neighborhood by making large donations in your estate meetings, learn modesty.
12. When you give, give with modesty and privately, learn to say "I can't spare that amount now".
13. Don't stay late in your office long after closing hours. That deadline work can be done at home.
14. Make safety the number one factor in your decision always!
God will keep and protect you as you also apply discretion.
15. Mind what you post about yourself on social media especially your house address etc.
May you not be a victim of kidnapping in Jesus name.